As the holiday season quickly approaches, AngelWish is well underway at LifeStream Services. AngelWish is LifeStream’s annual campaign to make the holidays feel brighter for isolated, low-income seniors. The program coordinates gifts for seniors with doorstep delivery of packages of food, personal care items, practical necessities, and gifts.
AngelWish is a part of LifeStream’s AngelWorx volunteer program. This is the 14th year AngelWish has brought the holiday spirit to hundreds of isolated seniors in seven counties which include Blackford, Delaware, Grant, Henry, Jay, Madison, and Randolph.
Donations will be accepted between the dates of Monday, November 9th through Thursday, December 10th. There are three ways to participate including donating items, giving cash donations for items to be purchased, and volunteering to help prepare packages and deliver items.
1. Donate items: The hundreds of low-income seniors that LifeStream serve are in need of basic items. These items can include: peanut butter, tuna, canned vegetables, soups, bath soap, hand lotion, shampoo, deodorant, denture cleaner, hand sanitizer, dish washing liquid, toilet paper, etc.
There are donation drop-off locations in the seven counties that LifeStream serves. These locations include the following:
- Blackford County Senior Center | 101 S. Mill St., Hartford City | Monday – Friday 10am – 4pm
- Montpelier Glove Company | 129 N. Main St., Montpelier | Monday – Friday 7:30am – 4pm
- Miller’s Merry Manor | 548 S. CR 100 W., Hartford City | Monday – Friday 10am– 6pm
- LifeStream Services | 1701 Pilgrim Blvd., Yorktown | Monday – Friday 8am – 5pm
- Dellen Ford | 2001 E. McGalliard Rd., Muncie | Monday – Friday 9am – 6pm, Saturday 9am – 5pm
- The Waters of Muncie | 2400 Chateau Dr., Muncie | Monday – Friday 10am – 6pm
- Bethel Pointe | 3400 W. Community Dr., Muncie | Monday – Sunday 8am – 5pm
- Meridian Senior Health Outpatient Assessment Center | 100 N. Tillotson Ave., Muncie | Monday – Friday 8am – 5pm
- Able Hands | 504 S. Baldwin, Marion | Monday – Friday 9am – 4pm
- Millers Merry Manor | 505 N. Bradner Ave., Marion | Monday – Friday 10am – 6pm
- Heritage House | 1023 N. 20th St., New Castle | Monday – Friday 8am – 7pm
- Fred’s Pharmacy | 320 S. Main St., New Castle | Monday – Friday 8:30am – 7pm, Saturday 8:30am – 2pm, Sunday 11:30am – 2pm
- Forest Ridge | 2200 Forest Ridge Parkway, New Castle | Monday – Friday 8am – 6pm
- United Fund | 1201 Race St. #103, New Castle | Monday – Friday 8am – 5pm
- LifeStream Services | 2204 S. 14th St., New Castle | Monday – Friday 8am – 5pm
- Miller’s Merry Manor | 981 Beechwood Ave., Middletown | Monday – Friday 10am – 6pm
Jay Community Center | 115 E. Water St., Portland | Monday – Thursday 8am – 9pm, Friday 8am – 6pm
Miller’s Merry Manor | 11563 W. 300 South, Dunkirk | Monday – Friday 10am – 6pm
- Miller’s Merry Manor | 524 Anderson Rd., Chesterfield | Monday – Friday 10am-6pm
- Pendleton Library | 595 E. Water St., Pendleton | Monday – Thursday 9am – 8pm, Friday 9am – 6pm, Saturday 9am – 5pm
- LifeStream Services | 2535 E. 10th St., Anderson | Monday – Friday 9am – 4pm
- First Merchants Bank | 450 W. Chestnut, Union City | Monday – Friday 9am – 5pm
- First Merchants Bank | 122 W. Washington, Winchester | Monday – Friday 9am-5pm
2. Monetary donations: With every $25 donation, a senior will receive a gift bag and a special gift of their choice. This special donation is needed to make a senior’s holiday brighter. Checks should be made payable to LifeStream Services and mailed to P.O. Box 308, Yorktown, IN 47396-0308. Please note AngelWish on the check.
3. Volunteering for gift delivery: Show a senior how much you care by personally delivering a gift bag to his or her door. The best part? You’ll get to see the smile of someone who is deeply grateful.
Those interested in volunteering or have questions concerning donations for AngelWish should call Laura Bray, LifeStream’s Volunteer Services Administrator, at 765-759-1121 ext. 143 or 1-800-589-1121 or email email@example.com.