As part of the Older Americans Act, Area Agencies on Aging like LifeStream Services are required to do an area plan to outline how they will work to meet the goals of the Older Americans Act in the counties they serve. Area Plans are reviewed and approved by the Area Agency’s Advisory Council. Plans are done every two years and submitted to the Indiana Division of Aging. The Division of Aging and the Indiana Commission on Aging review and approve the plans. The Division of Aging then incorporates the 16 Area Agency Area Plans in Indiana into one State Plan.
LifeStream, and all Area Agencies on Aging, is seeking feedback from the community on how we can best meet the needs of older adults in the community
You may submit your feedback below or you may attend one of our community input sessions:
- Tuesday, February 12
- Rush County Senior Center in Rushville at 11 to 11:30am
- Henry County Senior Center in New Castle at 11:30 to noon
- Fayette County Senior Center in Connersville at 12:30pm to 1pm
- Wednesday, February 13
- Western-Wayne Senior Center in Cambridge City at 11 to 11:30am
- Grant County Senior Citizens Center in Marion at 11:15am to 11:45am
- Nettle Creek Senior Center in Hagerstown at 12:30pm to 1pm
- Thursday, February 14
- Centerville-Abington Senior Center in Centerville at 11am to 11:30am
- Forest Park Senior Center in Muncie at 11am to 11:30am
- Anderson Public Library (Riley Room) in Anderson at 12:30pm to 1pm
- Friday, February 15
- Southview Courts in Liberty at 11am to 11:30am
- Franklin County Senior Center in Brookville at 12:30pm to 1pm
- Blackford County Senior Center in Hartford City at 12:30pm to 1pm
- Winchester Community Library (Carnegie Room) in Winchester at 12:30pm to 1pm
- Monday, February 18
- Jay Community Center in Portland at 11am to 11:30am
- Tuesday, February 19
- Richmond Senior Community Center in Richmond at 12pm to 12:30pm
Questions? Please contact Jenny Hamilton, President & CEO, by calling 765-759-1121 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
*Many of these locations are LifeStream Senior Cafe sites. Those who are 60 years of age and older can enjoy a nutritious meal before, during, or after the meeting (depending on the site’s serving time). Lunch is provided on a donation basis, while those under the age of 60 can enjoy a meal for a small fee. Reservations MUST be made at least one day in advance.
To reserve a meal at the Centerville-Abington Senior Center, Nettle Creek Senior Center, Richmond Senior Community Center, Western-Wayne Senior Center, Fayette Senior Center, Franklin Co. Senior Center, Rush County Senior Center, or Southview Courts – please call the center you wish to attend.
To reserve a meal at the Henry County Senior Center, Forest Park Senior Center, or Jay Community Center please call 765-759-3359.