Our Caregiver program helps those who are taking care of family members as well as providing support for grandparents who are raising their grandchildren. We offer respite care, information and other help for caregivers. Arrangements can be made to give caregivers some time away so they can take care of their own needs or take care of errands for the client.
November Caregiver Event
LifeStream Services invites caregivers to the Caregiver Drive-Thru Appreciation events in celebration of National Family Caregivers Month in November. Caregivers can simply drive-thru to receive helpful caregiver resources from local organizations and a sweet treat.
Registration is not required and there is no fee to attend this event. CDC guidelines will be in place to keep the events safe for the community. LifeStream will host two events in Connersville and Richmond:
- Richmond Caregiver Drive-Thru Appreciation: Wednesday, November 3 from 11:00am to noon at The Leland Legacy located at 900 S. A St. Richmond, IN 47374.
- Muncie Caregiver Drive-Thru Appreciation: Tuesday, November 9 from 11:00am to noon at Minnetrista located at 1200 N. Minnetrista Pkwy. Muncie, IN 47304.
- Connersville Caregiver Drive-Thru Appreciation: Wednesday, November 10 from 11:00am to noon at Majestic Care of Connersville located at 1029 E. 5th Connersville, IN 47331.
Dementia Friendly Communities
LifeStream has joined the Dementia Friends Indiana movement and is dedicated to making our communities dementia friendly to help improve the quality of life for those living with dementia and their caregivers.
Dementia Caregiver Support Group
LifeStream Services is partnering with the Alzheimer’s Association Greater Indiana Chapter and Dementia Friends Indiana to offer a virtual Dementia Caregiver Support Group. The group will meet virtually every month from 2pm to 3pm beginning Thursday, May 28.
Parenting a Second Time Around (PASTA)
PASTA is an educational and support group for adults doing kinship care, such as grandparents raising grandchildren or an aunt raising a niece or nephew. Being a primary caregiver for grandchildren and/or other children can be both a blessing and a challenge. The expectations of providing care for children, especially when older, can be overwhelming and exhausting, PASTA provides an ideal opportunity for older caregivers to receive assuring, personal support specific to their circumstances.
Powerful Tools for Caregivers
Powerful Tools focuses on your well-being. The class meets once a week for six weeks and has been studied and shown to help family caregivers:
- Reduce stress, guilt, anger, and depression and improve emotional well-being.
- Manage time, set goals, and set problems.
- Master caregiving transitions and be part of decision-making.
- Communicate effectively with the person needing care, family members, doctors, and other helpers.
- Find and use community resources.
Interested in participating in Powerful Tools or hosting a workshop? Contact Angie Jenkins, Outreach Coordinator, by calling 765-759-1121 or email@example.com.