Delaware County Senior Farmers’ Market Voucher Distribution
- This event has passed.
September 7, 2017 @ 11:00 am - 2:00 pm
Vouchers for the Delaware County Senior Farmers’ Market will be available through LifeStream Services during a special sign-up session on September 7 from 11am to 2pm, or until supplies last, at the Open Door Health Services Farmers Market located in the east parking lot of 333 S. Madison St., Muncie, IN 47305.
Delaware County residents over the age of 60 are invited to sign up to receive vouchers to redeem for fresh produce at the following locations:
- Landess Farm: 6000 W. 700 S. Daleville, IN
- Sunday – Friday 10am to 6pm
- Minnetrista Farmers Market: 1200 N. Minnetrista Pkwy. Muncie, IN
- Saturdays 8am to 12pm
- Open Door Health Services Farmers Market: 333 S. Madison St. Muncie, IN
- Tuesday and Thursday 11am to 2pm
- Shrock Farm: 5000 S. 750 E. Selma, IN
- Friday 3pm to 6pm
- Spangler Farms Market: 8081 W. 200 S. Yorktown, IN
- Monday – Saturday 10am to 6pm and Sunday 12pm to 4pm
- Tree Hill Farm Flavor Fresh Mobile Market 1: 333 S. Madison St. Muncie, IN
- Tuesday 10am to 7pm
- Tree Hill Farm Flavor Fresh Mobile Market 2: 1100 N. Macedonia Ave. Muncie, IN
- Tuesday 3pm to 7pm
- Tree Hill Farm Flavor Fresh Mobile Market 3: 1110 W. 10th St. Muncie, IN
- Thursday 3pm to 7pm
- Tree Hill Farm Flavor Fresh Mobile Market 4: 2500 N. Elgin St. Muncie, IN
- Saturday – 10am to 2pm
- Tree Hill Farm Flavor Fresh Mobil Market 5: 600 E. Harris St. Eaton, IN
- Saturday – 3pm to 7pm
- Yorktown Farmers’ Market: 1901 S. Tiger Dr. Yorktown, IN –
- Wednesday 4:30pm – 7pm
The vouchers are worth $20 and can be used through October 21. Eligible items include beans, peppers, tomatoes, apples, and other fresh fruits and vegetables.
To be eligible to receive vouchers (Senior Farmers’ Market Nutrition Program checks), the recipient must be at least 60 years of age or older, or a qualified person with disabilities. A picture ID with date of birth will be required to verify age. To review state guidelines for a qualified person with disabilities, please visit www.lifestreaminc.org or call 800-589-1121.
Recipients must also meet the income guidelines, which are based on 185 percent of the Federal Poverty Income Guidelines. For income limits, please contact LifeStream Services by calling 800-589-1121 or visit www.lifestreaminc.org.
For more information on the Delaware County Senior Farmers’ Market voucher distribution, please contact Dana Pierce by calling 800-589-1121 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Purdue Extension will have small demonstration classes and give-a-way prizes between 11am and 2pm during this special sign up session. Join LifeStream, Purdue Extension, and Open Door Health Services for an afternoon of nutrition activity.