The VP of Finance serves on the management team for LifeStream Services and has responsibilities for planning, directing, and coordinating financial, administrative, and strategic functions of the organization in support of policies, goals, and objectives of the organization. This position is ideal for a team player with the background, energy, and knowledge to drive financial and strategic leadership across the organization while also possessing the perfect balance of strategic thinking and willingness to go ground-level daily. The person in this position will work regularly with the organization’s President/CEO and the Board of Directors.
- Direct all financial functions of the organization
- Develop, implement, and monitor annual goals and objectives for finance
- Prepare and submit reports of financial functions (monthly checklist)
- Assure essential data is collected, communicated, maintained, and utilized for financial functions
- Prepare budgets for finance programs as well as agency-wide budgets based on management team requests and develop agency allocations
- Implement action necessary as a result of administrative/legislative guidelines/rulings
- Develop innovative initiatives to enhance efficiency and effectiveness of financial functions
- Ensure Finance QA processes are implemented in accordance with the Division of Aging, and organizational expectations
- Ensure the effective use of existing technology
- Direct the administration of all IT functions
- Direct the administration of all HR functions
- Direct the administration of all Transportation functions
- Perform the duties of the President/CEO in his/her absence.
- Assist with the development of strategies and policies aligned with the purpose of the organization
- Assure realistic goals and objectives are consistent with the organization’s mission
- Communicate goals and objectives to the organization’s constituents
- Support the President/CEO and management staff in strategic planning
- Identify internal/external issues that could affect growth and profitability
- Responsible for preparing the organization for ongoing change in collaboration with the President/CEO and management staff
- Act as a representative to the communities served and vendors to promote strong partnerships to benefit the organization
Supervises Finance, Information Technology, Transportation, and Human Resources staff. Responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of these units. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training; planning, assigning and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance, Accounting, or related field (Master’s degree preferred). 10+ years of experience in a Finance or Accounting role, with 5+ years of experience in a Controller or higher role and 5 + years of experience of leadership experience. Transportation experience a plus. CPA preferred but not required.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be highly proficient in Microsoft Excel spreadsheets, and other Microsoft applications.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Must possess a valid driver’s license. Must be covered, maintain coverage and provide documentation of current automobile insurance meeting LifeStream’s amount requirement and be able to travel independently throughout LifeStream’s service area and travel as needed to other locations outside of the area and State using a personal vehicle.