LifeStream Volunteer Program
The LifeStream Volunteer Program matches students, children, adults and groups with community needs. We have an opportunity for almost anyone to contribute — contact us for information on volunteer opportunities!
Join the fun of making a difference in the lives of others by completing an application to be a volunteer today. All volunteers undergo training and background checks prior to volunteering.
Last year, volunteers accomplished:
- 231 nutrition volunteers spent 14,076 hours serving lunch to seniors.
- 1491 AngelWish gifts were packaged and delivered to seniors and the disabled.
- 111 college students shared 409 hours raking leaves and cleaning out flower beds and gardens.
- Our Board of Directors and Advisory Council members spent 439 hours meeting and planning for the future of LifeStream.
- 58 volunteers shared 236 hours to assist seniors with yard projects, fall prevention modifications, smoke detector installations, and more.
- 132 students from area colleges joined LifeStream staff and clients to further their education.
For more information contact our Volunteer Services Administrator, Laura Bray at 765-759-3372 or email@example.com.
Volunteer Opportunities Available:
- Senior cafés
- Administrative Volunteer
- Home-bound meal delivery (in select areas)
- AngelWish bagging and delivery
- Dementia Friends
- Safety Solutions
- Office Assistant
- Senior Medicare Patrol
- Yard Clean Up
- Respite Care
- Handyman Work
- Crafting gifts/cards
- One-time events
- Promote health and wellness and more…
New Opportunities Summer 2020:
- Friendly Caller – A mission to reach out to isolated older adults. Do you have a few minutes a day or maybe an afternoon once a week for a phone chat? Just a simple, impactful call to talk about the weather, family, or sweet memories. A friendly call can go a long way in reducing loneliness for an isolated individual. Friendly Caller Flyer 2021
- Senior Medicare Patrol – Outreach and education on frauds and scams. Join us in educating others about Senior Medicare Fraud. Volunteers join us at events, senior centers or other locations where seniors gather to provide information on how to stay safe from fraud, scams and abuse. Comprehensive online training is provided at your convenience. this opportunity provides a challenging and rewarding experience with flexible hours.